The Best of San Diego Dining Scene
What started off with an Eric Clapton Fender guitar being hung up in a quirky London bar to “hold” his table, turned into a world-wide phenomenon where food, memorabilia and music mix. Downtown in the heart of the Gaslamp District, the Hard Rock Café covers its walls in clothing from Elvis Presley, Stevie Nicks and Gwen Stefani while whisking out American fare from the kitchen. Familiar rock acoustics are pumped out of the reasonably priced restaurant’s speaker system and the exceptional appetizers are a good lead into classic entrees. The openers at the Café are Hickory Smoked Chicken Wings, Potato Skins and Tupelo Chicken Tenders and the Legendary Burger takes top billing on the grill along with aged choice steaks. Sandwiches, salads, smoked chicken and ribs along with dessert back up the main stage menu. The autographed photos, guitars, records and clothing adorn the pillars and almost every inch of the establishment is covered in hard rock history. So if you want a place where the food and music share the spotlight, San Diego’s Hard Rock Café is the hot ticket in town.
Fresh Crumbs are the tidbits at the table—conversation topics, recent news, upcoming events. In this new addition to our website, we keep abreast of the latest “crumbs” to help you get the most out of your next dining experience. See what crumbs our writers have uncovered lately!
- Weekly $50 Gift Certificate for our Facebook Friends
To show how much we appreciate you, every week we will randomly select one of our Facebook friends to receive a $50 ... more
- Hidden San Diego: Local Speakeasies
- While some bars are perfect for walk in party time, others are quite a bit more exclusive, sometimes even hidden away behid secret doors. In ... more
- Mother's Day Specials Around San Diego
- Sunday, May 12, 2013 marks the day to show mom how much you care! This year, let one of San Diego's top restaurants cater to ... more
- Discover Asti Ristorante
- A new restaurant review has recently been published for Asti Ristorante. A San Diego favorite for nearly 20 years, this is one of those places ... more
- Bertrand at Mister A's Now Serves Brunch
- One of San Diego's beloved dining destinations, Bertrand at Mister A's, will be serving brunch starting on April 7th. Read more to learn about menu ... more
- Enjoy Parents' Night Out At Roppongi Restaurant and Sushi Bar
- Roppongi Restaurant and Sushi Bar alongside Cups bakery and culinary school is offering a special Parents' Night Out. Every fourth Saturday of the month, parents ... more
Surf and sun dominate San Diego. However, many farms, craft breweries and vineyards can be found within the city limits of America's Finest City. To go along with the amazing weather and agriculture is some very noteworthy food. Chefs take their time to do food the right way, with the right seasonal and local ingredients. Fine French cuisine, American eateries, Italian, gastropubs, Mexican, Asian and contemporary Californian food can all be found in abundance in almost every neighborhood. San Diego has always been a destination point for vacations, but it's quietly becoming a destination point for its food. Read-up on the newest and best places to dine that our writers have fell in love with.
User Name: Aaron
Review Title: My visit
My visit was great I loved the meal I got. The view was great and the service was really good. Cant wait til we go again.
Restaurant: La Fiesta
User Name: Jeffrey
Review Title: New regular
Awesome. We will be back. Great service. Waiter was awesome and food was first class. You can count on us being a regular.
Restaurant: Baci Ristorante
User Name: Janet
Review Title: Baci Risorante is EXCELLENT!
Fanstastic restaurant. Great atmosphere, food is outstanding. Best service I've had in a long time. This was a business dinner and I highly recommend this spot for either business, special occasion or an intimate dinner with someone special. Excellent!